Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not Saturday, But Daderday

We have a new term in our house...Daderday (pronounced: dad-er-day). Since we have been working super hard on getting our house ready for the open house (today!) we thought it would be fun to go and do something relaxing and entertaining as a family...and since we have had non-stop rain for the past 4 days, being outside was a must.

So around 9:45 we packed A into her car seat, said farewell to the dog, and headed to the zoo! Now, I am sure you know how much I love the zoo, but it is even more fun with my hubby, who always comes up with the best comments.

As you can tell from the beginning of this post, his comment-of-the-day was Daderday.  I tend to be a bit of a control freak when it comes to A and her safety, nutrition, hydration, outfits, yep, pretty much everything. I just really like everything just so, and you better believe I like to be in control...which means I rarely (like maybe 5 times in A's life) let my hubby push her stroller. I know I am a bit crazy, but hey, at least I know it!

Which brings me to our Saturday morning at the zoo, where hubby decided it was Daderday, not Saturday, thus was in complete control of A....yes, pushing the stroller included. As we made our way through the zoo stopping at various animals to get a better look I tried to regain stroller control, but each time a simple "Daderday" had me sinking into the background like the snakes.

So happy Daderday everyone and enjoy some pictures from our awesome morning!
It's Daderday!

We saw some rinos...

which A thought were pretty funny

Stopped off to see Alaska, the polar bear, swimming with her ball

Found out that A is the perfect height for seeing the animals all by herself.

It was Penguin Awareness Day...yeah stickers!

And the penguins got some bubbles, which they loved almost as much as A loves bubbles!

A quick stop to see the elephants

Before the GIRAFFES!

A's Favorite!

Took a tractor ride...

Hung out with the goats...

and of course took a ride on the saddle!

xoxo
Daily Mom

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the zoo! :) and love the term "daderday"... totally gonna borrow that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daderday is the BEST EVER! I might even have to add that to my spell check dictionary!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!