Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our Weekend Away!

So I just realized that I never shared any news from our amazing weekend! Yeah, I know, it is Wednesday , but my brain is just catching up.

So last weekend was my parents' 40th wedding anniversary (wow!); so we decided to rent a house on the Eastern Shore of MD and trek everyone down there to enjoy a weekend of family and fun. When we told A we were going on vacation for the weekend and staying in a house with all her aunts, uncles, and cousins...not to mention Gigi and Pop P...the kid ran around the house screaming for what seemed like hours.

Since none of us had actually seen the house yet (we tried earlier... click here to see but didn't have any luck) we were not sure what to expect. Man, were we surprised when we pulled into this 14 acre driveway and arrived at this gorgeous house!

The weekend was spectacular, from the re-wedding of my parents, with all the little girls carrying flowers and dancing around, to relaxing time playing in the yard and walking through town. I don't have a lot of pictures because we were just having too much fun...which I think is always a good sign. We did have a photographer come for the re-wedding part, so I will share some of those when I get them. But I did manage to snap a few pictures at the house before it was time to pack up and head home on Sunday.
Daddy and A

Big Cousin E and A

Whoa, this place is cool...

One thing Hubby and I did realize on the way down there was this awesome pumpkin farm nestled on the side of route 50. So naturally, on our way home we stopped with A to check it out. Not only was there every type of pumpkin you could imagine, but tractor rides, a place where you could pump your own water and race rubber ducks, some animals, a hay maze, a tennis ball sling shot toss, and so much more! Here are a few pictures from the weekend....and more to come!
Drive, drive, drive...

Learning how to pump water

"Am I this tall?"

"Mommy, get off my saddle."

"Thank you!"

"Hum. Do you think if I pull the straw the wall will fall down?"

My first tractor ride!

"You undo me, you die."
A needed to go around twice before we were able to pry her out of the seat :)

xoxo
Daily Mom  

2 comments:

  1. She has that scowl down pat, doesn't she! haha! She's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! New follower from the Wild Wednesday Hop! Please hop over and visit my blog too! Thanks :)

    Jen
    www.onecoollunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!