Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Don't Judge Me

Okay, so one step in this new found battle for wills in our household with A, includes a place I just can't avoid no matter how hard I try...the grocery store. And since A refuses to sit in the cart for longer than 5 minutes and screams at the top of her lungs if you try to shove her, even nicely, back into the cart the grocery store has been the bane of my existence. So after a few weeks of lugging a kid in one hand and grabbing milk, spilling grapes, and toppling yogurt with the other, I decided to try something new.

This morning when we headed to the grocery store I got A all ready, grabbed the reusable bags, and put A's cherished baby doll into my diaper bag. And although it was a little embarrassing strapping the doll into the cart next to A, I still had a happy and SITTING child after 54 minutes perusing aisles filled with products I haven't been able to get in months and using both hands to gather everything I could find. So in addition to my new grocery store trick, I now have enough groceries to last for three months!

xoxo
Daily Mom

1 comment:

  1. Score for mom!!! Great idea! Whatever works! I'd put a ventriloquist dummy in the cart if it meant my kids would sit still and let me get groceries!

    Yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!