Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oh Boy


I always knew I had my work cut out for me with this spicy little toddler, but never did I think it more than this afternoon. The day started off amazing, A was listening, following directions, and in an all over excellent mood. We went to workout, and met up with E and Nicole before heading to Tiny Town to let the kids run around.

That is when Nicole and I started talking. Sure we see each other almost every day but we often skip over the little things in life and just gab. But today was different....we started talking about our kids and the wonderful joys of parenting a toddler. We laughed over their selective heard, sassy comments, all over tantrums, and of course their love of testing the rules...and our patience.

She talked and I listened, as today E was being the "typical" toddler and for some reason, unbeknown to me, A was being a dream. After going through all they had tried over the past few days we decided to grab lunch, recharge our patience, and laugh about their antics.

And just as I was complimenting A on her excellent behavior today before putting her down for her nap, I thought to myself how lucky I am to have such a sweet and caring girl.

But then about 2 hours later, after letting her talk to herself for about 15 minutes to make sure she was really ready to get up from her nap, I walked into A's room and this is what I got...

Me: " Hi, love. You ready to get up?"
A: "I still tired."
Me: "Did you have a good nap? Would you like to go downstairs and have your snack?"
A: "No, I still tired. Mommy, give me some privacy. Go away."

And there you have it. Sweet one moment and sassy the next. At least I am fairly confident she knows the meaning of privacy now!

xoxo
Daily Mom

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I hope you still blog when she's a teenager! Oh that's going to be fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!