I know I keep saying it, but it really is just amazing here. Granted I have been coming here since I was born (my mom grew up here) so I know I am a little bias, but still there is just something about this place that makes it magical. Here is a short list of some of the things that make it so special.
Greatest Little Place:
· wearing shoes is always optional...everywhere
· you always wave to everyone who passes because chances are you know them, or they are a friend of a friend
· it is a place where lifelong friendships are made
· and age has no bearing
· where cousins become siblings (not in a West Virginia way)
· and friends become cousins
· where you can always find someone willing to go swimming in the water, find clams on the sandbar, have as cocktail, or watch your kids
· where everyone knows the casino is really just our hall/yacht club and the spa is an old mom and pop general store
· where crabbing is a sport, and sailing is a way of life
· where kids on bike are more likely to have a life jacket on than a helmet
· and Officer Moore is an old friend, who grew up with your grandparents
· where the hat dance still makes kids squeal and grown-ups competitive streak come out
· and where there is always a beautiful sunny day at the beach waiting to be enjoyed
So this morning A spent some quality time playing with Gigi and her cousin, Cate while her big sister was in sailing class and her middle sister was trying to track down her mommy's watch.
|Heading to put out the fire together!|
|Only these two could find going down a slide at the same time so funny|
|"Come and get me, Cate!"|
|Cate: "Here I am ("gentle" shove)!"|
|"Mommy, is it safe to go in the tunnel again? Where is Cate?"|
|After getting tired of the park we walked over to the beach, because that is what you do here.|
|Filling up buckets with sand.|
|A: "NOOOO, mine. SHARE!"|
Cate: "A, it is my turn."
|0.2 seconds later...|
Mommy: "A, no hitting!"
|Snuggling on the towel with Gigi after a snack, that they remarkably shared!|