Friday, August 19, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I always knew when my older sister had three girls that my children were going to have great little ladies to look up to, follow around, and envy. And since being on this vacation and getting a really good look at each girl's personality, I have tweaked my prediction to include get in trouble with, plotting mischief, and living it up with!

When A and I were at the beach the day I was watching the girls, the littlest came running up to me and told me she had to go potty. So naturally, I did what any mom would do, I asked her pee-pee or poo-poo. After the relieving response of pee-pee, I told her to go in the ocean. I know what you are thinking, and no I am not corrupting my nieces...yet...I distinctly remember hearing my sister tell her daughter the same thing, "just pee in the ocean". Plus I had A on the beach too, and there was not much I could do with two small girls and a far away potty.

Anyway, as her cousin started walking down toward the water, I thought nothing of it. Then she stopped on the sand where the waves barely wash up to, and in a beautiful plie, starting peeing. As I grab A and rush to the water to tell her to wade in more she does a full squat down where she is and tells me, "it is okay, I am all done and just washed the pee-pee away."

Great...Aunt of the Year award, here I come!

I also didn't realize what affect it had on A until yesterday at the beach when she said, "mommy, potty" and ran down to the water and squatted just like her cousin.  Wow...are we in for it!


And a stroll on the beach!

xoxo
Daily Mom

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, toddler stories are the best. Reminds me of when my son was 2 and I found him peeing in the backyard under the clothes line. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I’m on a blog hop and saw your blog and fell in love! I’m your newest follower. I would love you to check out my blog at http://thenummylittleblog.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! -Jilly-

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe! Note to self: Be very specific when giving children instructions! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!