Monday, February 21, 2011

We Made It!

A's birthday party and actual 1st birthday were this weekend, and we went with the "it is going to be crazy and just go with it" approach, and I think it actually worked! A had so much fun at her birthday party, a jungle themed event that was hysterical and not too over the top. She got some of the most adorable gifts, which I still don't know where they came from, because I swear I scour Amazon and Diapers.com all the time for new and exciting gifts. She even managed to pack away a huge piece of cake, that I was certain was going to come back and haunt us later that night. But to my surprise, it was pretty uneventful. You had your standard 2 year old tantrums over animal masks and a few meltdowns sporadically throughout the evening to keep all the parents on their toes, but all in all, it was a huge success!

I just can't believe we have a 1 year old now! I know everyone always says how time flies and to enjoy the little moments, but they are not kidding. I swear it was just yesterday the hospital let us take home this tiny little baby, who looked nothing like me, and trusted her health and well being to us. And now it is a year later, and we have this crazy, spicy little girl who cracks us up all day long.

Ahh...memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!