Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Little Bit Of Everything

A few random thoughts for today, but I wanted to touch on them all...

1. I made the coconut shrimp last night from Skinnytaste.com and they were amazing! If you check the website they make coconut chicken but I decided to do shrimp which I peeled, deveined, and butterflied then did the same process they listed. I baked them at 375 for 10 minutes and threw them over brown rice...yumm. Even my hubby who is pretty picky when it comes to my cooking loved them. I kid you not when I say they taste like the fried ones, only better <3

2. I get really annoyed when restrooms don't have a changing station. I went to lunch with A's godmother yesterday (and A of course) and naturally about halfway through her pb&j she had to go. So I wiped most of the peanut butter from her face and we headed to the potty. After a few minutes and some successfully poo-poo and pee-pee later, I glanced at the walls looking for the changing station, to find none. And there was also only a pedestal sink so no luck there either. After debating laying her down on the floor, which looked cold and uncomfortable, I decided to try my luck at diapering a standing child.  I managed to have her stand as still as a 2 year old can, and somehow strapped a diaper around most of her bottom. Now, if we were at some fancy place geared more towards adults I would understand but we were at a sandwich and soup shop that has a kid's menu and highchairs!? It was a mystery to me why there was nowhere to change a child...

3. All my girlfriends are now home, so today after workout, three out of four of us met up for some playtime and lunch. It was so nice to catch up with everyone and see how the holidays went...and of course the kids were beyond excited running around after each other squealing and laughing!

4. The mercury finally climbed out of the teens today, so I think it is time to go get my not-napping child and take her for a walk in this crisp winter air!

xoxo
Daily Mom

1 comment:

  1. Your husband is picky about your cooking? Are you serious? Oh, he is SO lucky he's not married to me! He would die if he had to eat my cooking! (I'm not sure how my husband is surviving!) :-)

    I've changed Babe's diaper while I was squatting and she was across my knees when there was no changing station available. I did it like that until I mastered the standing up routine! :-)

    You've had winter down there? We've been hitting 50 a few days up here! Weird!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!