Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't look behind you...

So, you might be wondering why I am blogging so late tonight. Granted it is only about 9:15pm but hey, I have a non-snoozable alarm clock that consistently goes off between 6am and 7am each morning, so fault me for wanting to get some sleep.

Well, let me tell you my reason for my unrest. We have this wonderful neighbor, actually, we really lucked out and have a bunch of really great neighbors. However, one in particular decided to drop A's birthday present off today...she couldn't make the party...so she arrives tonight with this beautifully wrapped present with three balloons attached. How cute, A loves balloons! Anyways, back to the story, so the night gets away from us as it often does, and before we close up the downstairs for the night, we realize we haven't opened A's present. My husband takes off the balloons and hands it to me to do the honors (I know what a sweetie). As I am unwrapping the jungle themed paper, I see a familiar name on the outside of the box below. Madame Alexander. Yes, you heard me correctly, the Madame Alexander doll.

Now, this would not be a problem for most people, but I was hiding under the table when I was 6years old and watched Chucky along with my 15 year old sister and her friends. Needless to say I have had nightmares about dolls with the creepy eyes that open when you tilt them up, forever!

Okay, take a deep breath, how bad can this be? Chucky was a long time ago, and I am a mom now so I should be able to handle this...right? I smile, and pick the doll up from the box. As I am lifting her wax-like hands, she begins to come to a sitting position, smiling at me with only one open eye. You heard me right, only one eye opened. I screamed like a small child, and chucked the doll back in the box.

For those of you who have seen Chucky, you know the doll comes to life when everyone is sleeping and kills everyone...at least that is how my 6 year old brain remembered the movie. Naturally, I want to protect my family, so as I head back to the family room to "fix" the box with some duck tape, my husband gives me the "really?" look. Fine. I put the tape down. But what am I supposed to do now! I wanted to go lock it in the car, but if I came down and saw it in the house in the morning, I might have a legit heart attack.

Needless to say, I am up here typing, as Miss Chucky is resting firmly in her box on the table, locked in the kitchen with the dog. Maybe, if I am lucky, the dog will get the best of her tonight.

Keep your fingers crossed, and sweet dreams.

xoxo
Daily Mom

ps...if this is my last blog, it has been very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!